POLAR SPEED LIMITED
Polar Speed, a UPS company, is a logistics company and innovative provider of temperature sensitive transportation and pharmaceutical supply chain solutions in the UK.
SALARY - on application
BASED LEIGHTON BUZZARD DEPOT, 7 Chartmoor Road, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 4WG
Monday to Friday 08:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs - 45 Hours per week
Polar Speed has a reputation for quality, compliance, operational and customer facing technology and monitoring solutions in the growing temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical logistics market in the UK. The company specialises in active temperature-controlled deliveries to hospitals, pharmacies, wholesalers and medical care surgeries as well as to end patients which it serves through its homecare business. Its customers include some of the best known pharmaceutical brands in the world.
We are delighted to offer the newly created role of a Fleet Specialist to join our dynamic Operations Team and are looking for applicants who have had at least two years’ experience in a similar role.
You will play a crucial part within the team, taking overall management and accountability for the fleet of vehicles, ensuring optimum use of the fleet in the most efficient and cost effective way.
This will require you to build excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships to ensure the fleet continues to be well maintained with exceptional appearance standards.
To succeed in this role you must be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, work on your own initiative as well as being team orientated whilst meeting multiple deadlines.
Effective communication skills are also required as you will be required to liaise with Customers, Suppliers and Internal departments.
We offer a wide range of benefits including 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays) and increasing to 33 days in the sixth full holiday year, a company pension scheme and private health insurance.
For successful applicants, Polar Speed will process Basic disclosure criminal record checks.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Overall Management and accountability for the fleet.
· Daily VOR management, PMI planning and return to fleet execution.
· All breakdown reporting, road call process and preventative measures.
· Provide fleet updates ensuring improvement with vehicle availability.
· Assist in the continuous improvement of processes and procedures within the warehouse staff and facilities.
· Establish excellent working relationships with internal/external stakeholders including UPS automotive, UPS workshop and outside Vendor Management
· Set up agreements in relation to repairs and approve cost competitive quotations and timescales.
· Auto accident cost recovery, aligning repair costs to unavoidable accident claims.
· Develop and review healthcare specific PMI programmes including PMI schedules based upon failure trends.
· Management of refrigeration contracts.
· Fleet audits in line with company policies including appearance, condition and maintenance and acting upon any findings in a timely manner.
· Driver Training – Vehicle specific training to reduce vehicle wear and tear including Tyre maintenance.
· Assist with industrial engineering, regional engineering and operations on future car orders.
· Liaise with customers, suppliers and other departments.
· Provide solutions and implement plans to reduce fleet expenditure through tyre management, reduction in road calls and maintenance management.
· Recover all costs for repairs to unavoidable accident claims.
· Minimise rental costs/needs through return to fleet times.
· Sourcing part discounts and service contracts.
Qualifications and Skills
· Good working knowledge of IT packages: particularly Microsoft packages Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· The ability to demonstrate experience of working/reducing fleet budgets.
· Excellent organisational skills with a proactive outlook
· Must be able to build effective working relationships with work colleagues/other departments
· Must be a team player as well as a decision maker
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England