The Feeder Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for reviewing UPS Dispatch activity to ensure timely and proficient service.
He/She oversees Dispatch planning and is responsible for ensuring service, safety, and cost goals are met. This position supervises others within the department.
The Feeder Dispatch Supervisor collaborates with others (e.g., Yard Control Supervisors, Drivers, Region Schedulers, etc.) to ensure Dispatch plans are executed efficiently. He/She supervises Dispatch planning to ensure loads and tractors are assigned to drivers to meet service goals. This position reviews and analyzes data (e.g., volume, missed packages, delivery failures, etc.) to create plans maximizing Dispatch results. The Feeder Dispatch Supervisor reviews drivers’ hours of service daily to ensure compliance with regulations (e.g. Department of Transportation, etc.). He/She plans yard operations staffing to ensure adequate shifters and drivers are available for load volume.
· Ensure adequate staffing levels to reduce overtime costs.
· Advise Automotive of equipment repair needs to ensure equipment is in good condition.
· Monitor load movement to identify opportunities to reduce costs.
· Reviews daily service reports with Hub Supervisors to address performance issues.
· Reviews daily service reports to verify service levels are being met.
· Conduct hazardous material audits to ensure safe handling information is posted in trailers per DOT regulations.
· Reviews safety reports (e.g., Driver Vehicle Inspection Report [DVIR] Car Condition Report [CCR], and Powered Industrial Truck Operator Report [PITO]) to comply with regulations.
· Monitors shifter performance to ensure trailers are moved to correct locations in the yard on time.
· Verifies trailers are loaded and empty as planned to ensure accuracy.
· Detail Orientation: Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate detail when requested; maintains organized files.
· Hub Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains proper processes, procedures and methods for hub operations; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools, equipment and technology used in hub operations.
· Ground Transportation Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains proper processes, procedures and methods within ground transportation; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools, equipment and technology used in ground transportation operations.
· Labor Relations Knowledge: Understands basic labor principles and practices; recognizes the importance of positive relationships with unionized employees; identifies unionized employees’ basic concerns.
· Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains proper processes, procedures and methods for small package operations; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools, equipment, and technology used within the operation.
· Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
· Experience supervising others – Preferred
· Ability to work flexible shift hours and possibly on the weekends - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law