Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a $51.5 billion corporation by focusing on enabling commerce for its customers around the world. Today, UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation and logistics services. Every day, UPS delivers more than 15.5 million packages and manages the flow of goods, funds and information for its customers in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. Globally, UPS employs 425,000 people, utilizes a delivery fleet of approximately 100,000 vehicles and operates the 9th largest airline in the world. The company can be found on the web at www.ups.com
UPS first entered Europe in 1976 when it established domestic small package operations in Germany. UPS has since developed a comprehensive European service portfolio, combining local expertise in each market with UPS's international strength and high quality standards. Headquartered in Brussels, UPS in Europe currently employs 40,000 people across the EMEA region and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v).
• At least half of the day will be spent answering calls and the other part of the day will be resolving queries.
• Calls must be answered and dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
• Resolve customer queries whilst on the call where possible raising adjustments where relevant.
• A reference number must be given to the customer for every query logged.
• Queries must be investigated fully.
• The history of the customer's account checked to ensure no duplicate work is caused.
• Notify other departments of their errors so incoming queries will reduce.
• Educate customers of their errors.
• Daily reports filled out accurately and correctly.
• Feedback to customer on the resolution or non resolution of their query.
• Meet set targets on a daily basis.
• Responsible for any additional tasks given.
• Must complete a certain amount of weekly / monthly administration tasks
Other Job Requirements
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and attributes:
• Fluency in Dutch and English both written & spoken would be an advantage
• Be efficient
• Have good numerical skills
• Be a logical thinker
• Able to work in a targeted environment.
• Work well in a team
Education and Work Experience
• Minimum requirement of a leaving certificate or equivalent qualification.
• Some experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage
• MS Office package (especially Excel)
• Keyboard skills
Job Customer Service
Primary Location IE