Deeside Warehouse Operative
Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
Part Time Warehouse Operative Early Morning (UK) 17.5hours per week Mon - Fri from 3.30am
Ensure accurate movement of all packages, safely within the warehouse sort environment whilst working to specific deadlines.
The warehouse operative role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague's working day and most importantly our customer's.
Dependant on location the shifts vary from 03:00am – 09:00am, basic 17.5hours per week - with the requirement of overtime
Salary starts at £8.21 per hour, rising to £9.00 per hour plus a generous shift allowance
· Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
· Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
· Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
· Prioritize “guaranteed service” parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
· Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
· To identify any ‘Cash on Delivery' parcels.
· Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
· Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager.
Key Skills and Experience:
· Excellent communication skills.
· Good team player.
· Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude required.
· Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
· Accurately follow written instructions.
· Attention to detail whilst working in a fast paced, pressurized environment.
· Willing to perform other duties as and when required.
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
If you wish to contact UPS prior to applying for this position please email;
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Get a mail digest of vacancies that match your profile!
Thousand of vacancies are available for you on Wizbii :)
UPS recrute ! Un modèle de réussite depuis 1907! UPS (435 000 salariés), leader mondial du transport express de colis et 6ème employeur mondial privé continue son développement. Chaque jour, nous effectuons près de 15 millions de livraisons dans plus de 200 pays. Nous réalisons également un chiffre d'affaires annuel de 58 milliards de dollars. Entreprise internationalement reconnue et en pleine croissance, UPS s'engage pour l'intégration et la formation des stagiaires. C'est pourquoi nous recrutons un Ingénieur Projet H/F en stage rattaché au Responsable du département Plan Engineering basé à Chilly-Mazarin (91) ou Charenton (94).