Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
Driver Service Provider Springfield/Stanford-le-Hope
Drive Your Career & Deliver Excellence with UPS.
£12.44 per hour, rising to £15.08 including local allowance.
You will be the face of the company, collecting and delivering time sensitive packages throughout the day. It's a crucial role and one that makes our service unique. You will need excellent organisational skills to plan and prioritise your daily workload.
The role will be based at Springfield UPS centre until the 1 st June 2018 and Stanford-le-Hope UPS centre thereafter. You must be able to transfer. Training and uniform are provided. You must have a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
· Complete daily safety checks of the UPS vehicle
· Complete multiple deliveries and collections of packages that can weigh up to 70kg's
· Prioritize workload to ensure time commitments are met
· Check for 'cash on delivery' packages and ensure all monies are collected
· Ensure correct completion of UPS paperwork
· Expected to comply with UPS Policy Code and appearance guidelines
· Accurate recording of working and driving hours to comply with road transport regulations
· To project a high quality UPS image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality service to our customers at all times
Key Skills / Experience:
· A minimum of 2 years driving experience
· Must hold a C1, 7.5 ton licence
· Some experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage
· Excellent communication skills
· Customer service experience would be an advantage
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· Flexible working approach as overtime will be required
· Be a good team player with the ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines
· Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritize
· Already own, or would be prepared to get, a digital tachograph card
· Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
If you have any questions before you apply, please contact
Primary Location United Kingdom-England