Description de l'offre
Are you looking to make an impact with the global leader of logistics? UPS is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Supervisor to provide consultative/tactical support in the areas of Organizational Training, Performance Management, Health & Safety, Compliance, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Workforce Planning and unemployment benefit cost control.
The HR Supervisor coaches business unit management on policy and procedures, employee discipline, retention, health and safety and other issues. He/she also provides guidance on performance and talent management, workforce and succession planning and employee career development. The HR Supervisor promotes organizational change to ensure HR initiatives are effectively implemented and develops a consultative partnership with business management. Other responsibilities include developing plans to successfully execute initiatives, communicating plans and ensuring programs align with business needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Promotes highly effective relationships with service centers, business management, recruiting organizations, external customers and peers to share accountability and provide valued support for achieving business goals
· Shares feedback on effectiveness of HR processes with the service centers and HR function for the review and modification
· Determines employee training needs to produce continuous development plans and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance
· Coaches business units and service centers regarding best practices implementation of compliance procedures (e.g., reasonable accommodation, safety, etc.) to comply with federal, state and local regulations and support focus on diversity
· Collaborates with Talent Acquisition and business management to identify employee skill gaps and implement development plans and learning interventions
· Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement
Knowledge and Skills
· Demonstrates thorough knowledge base, consistent time-management skills and strong organizational skills to provide effective consultative partnership with business management
· Utilizes formal and informal feedback to drive human capital decisions and demonstrate measurable value to organization
· Understands business problems; recommends solutions
· Understands injury and crash prevention techniques; demonstrates basic understanding of job methods; identifies root causes of injuries and auto crashes; recognizes and reports unsafe working conditions
· Describes broad purpose of labor and employment laws and has basic understanding of traditional labor legislation; demonstrates ability to identify general instances of discrimination and other non-compliant employment practices
· Describes Talent Acquisition practices; assists in selection and hiring of employees; demonstrates awareness of employment-specific laws and regulations
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Employee Relations or related field – Preferred
· Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification – Preferred
· Previous HR experience – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Read the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law here .