Camden - Part Time Warehouse Operative Early Morning (UK)
Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
Part Time Warehouse Operative Early Morning (UK)
Ensure accurate movement of all packages, safely within the warehouse sort environment whilst working to specific deadlines.
The warehouse operative role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague's working day and most importantly our customer's.
Shift times are 03:00am – 07:30am, covering 22.5 hours per week, however flexibility is needed to work extra hours during busy periods.
Salary starts at £8.21 per hour, rising to £9.00 per hour plus a shift allowance of £2.05 per hour and location allowance of £1.60 per hour.
· Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
· Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
· Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
· Prioritize “guaranteed service” parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
· Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
· To identify any ‘Cash on Delivery' parcels.
· Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
· Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager.
Key Skills and Experience:
· Excellent communication skills.
· Good team player.
· Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude required.
· Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
· Accurately follow written instructions.
· Attention to detail whilst working in a fast paced, pressurized environment.
· Willing to perform other duties as and when required.
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
Last Name ]*$" id="form-field-371c700536" maxlength="25" name="LastName" pattern="^[^<>]*$" placeholder="Smith, Doe, etc." type="text"/>
Areas of Interest Search for a category, location, or category/location pair, select a term from the suggestions, and click 'Add'.
· Package Handling, London, England, United Kingdom Remove
· Inside Manual, London, England, United Kingdom Remove
Military &Veterans Outreach
You've served your country honorably. Now take on your next challenge at UPS.
· Contact Us
· Disability Accommodation Request
· Pay Transparency Policy
· Status Inquiries
· UPS EEO
· Privacy Notice
· Service Terms and Conditions
· Protect Against Fraud
Copyright © 1994-2018 United Parcel Service of North America, Inc. All rights reserved.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Get a mail digest of vacancies that match your profile!
Thousand of vacancies are available for you on Wizbii :)
UPS recrute ! Un modèle de réussite depuis 1907! UPS (435 000 salariés), leader mondial du transport express de colis et 6ème employeur mondial privé continue son développement. Chaque jour, nous effectuons près de 15 millions de livraisons dans plus de 200 pays. Nous réalisons également un chiffre d'affaires annuel de 58 milliards de dollars. Entreprise internationalement reconnue et en pleine croissance, UPS s'engage pour l'intégration et la formation des stagiaires. C'est pourquoi nous recrutons un Ingénieur Projet H/F en stage rattaché au Responsable du département Plan Engineering basé à Chilly-Mazarin (91) ou Charenton (94).