POLAR SPEED LIMITED
Polar Speed, a UPS Company, is a logistics company and innovative provider of temperature sensitive transportation and pharmaceutical supply chain solutions in the UK.
TRUNK DRIVER – C LICENCE - BASED LEIGHTON BUZZARD DEPOT, Unit 7, Chartmoor Road, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 4WG.
£25,820.60 (40 hours) to £30,217.72 (48 hours) - including £14.75 night allowance
Average 48 hours per week, Start time 16:00 Hrs Monday – Friday
£10.57per hour less than 1 year's service - £10.78 per hour more than 1 year but less than 4 years' service - £11.20 four years' and over PLUS £14.75 night trunk allowance per night
PLUS : Driver Incentive Bonus, Potential £1,800 P/A (**Conditions Apply**)
Polar Speed has a reputation for quality, compliance, operational and customer facing technology and monitoring solutions in the growing temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical logistics market in the UK.
The company specialises in active temperature-controlled deliveries to hospitals, pharmacies, wholesalers and medical care surgeries as well as to end patients which it serves through its homecare business. Its customers include some of the best known pharmaceutical brands in the world.
As a night trunk driver, you'll make collections and deliveries of pharmaceutical consignments to/from pharmaceutical distribution centres and Polar Speed depots.
Starting at 16:00 hrs, you'll work a minimum of 40 hours per week (average 48 hours per week) and must be flexible and prepared to work additional hours as and when required to meet our service requirements which may be of an urgent medical nature.
For this role, you may expect to work on a Monday to Friday basis.
We offer a wide range of benefits including Driver Incentive Bonus paid quarterly (Conditions Apply) 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays) building to 33 days (including bank holidays) in the sixth full holiday year and a company pension scheme.
For successful applicants, Polar Speed will process enhanced disclosure criminal record checks.
· Check and scan all consignments
· Complete daily safety checks of vehicle and refrigeration unit
· Deliver consignments on an accurate and timely basis ensuring products stay within the required temperature range
· Ensure that records of deliveries are electronically captured and driver manifests are completed
· Maintain daily communications to provide service updates
· Demonstrate professional and safe driving competency at all times
· Present a smart working appearance at all times
· A minimum of 2 years' driving experience
· Must hold a C category driving licence (ideally no more than 3 points)
· Previous relevant experience advantageous
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Ability to build effective working relationships with customers/clients, whilst appreciating the need for maintaining confidentiality
· Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise
· Good team player and able to work on your initiative