Your New Job with UPS Capital
Nobody understands transportation and logistics like United Parcel Service (UPS). And while you've probably never thought of a UPS company for financing and insurance services, the global supply chain expertise of UPS Capital® uniquely positions us to help protect companies from risk and leverage cash in their supply chains. Insurance companies and banks can't say that.
We are currently looking for an ambitious Business Development Officer working from a flexible base within the South-West of the UK. This is a new business focused position.
What Do We Expect of You
· Builds partnerships with various sales resources (e.g. UPS, Supply Chain Solutions, UPS Freight, external customers, etc.) to improve network for providing sales leads.
· Attends strategy sessions to find UPS Capital opportunities in UPS target accounts.
· Calls on prospects (i.e., conference calls, phone calls, and in person visits) to qualify prospects for fit with UPS Capital solutions and to schedule appointments.
· Researches potential customer information (e.g., financial status, products sold, markets, etc.) to ensure viable prospect and to support credit application.
· Conducts sales visits to prospective customers to present UPS Capital value proposition as it relates to their company and needs.
· Conducts due diligence (e.g., inventory audit, financial analysis, etc.) to verify the financial status of the company complies with UPS Capital business requirements (e.g., risk, profitability, etc.).
What Skills Do You Need?
· Have proven business-to-business field sales experience, preferably insurance-related
· Have a sales hunter mentality with a desire to win and grow your business
· Great territory planning skills and a willingness to travel across the South West
· You will have excellent communication skills with experience of creating and delivering presentations
· You will need a full, clean driving license held for at least two years
· Minimum age 21 (minimum age of car insurance scheme)
What We Will Give You in Return:
· A competitive salary based on experience
· A truly uncapped bonus
· A company car
· Healthcare package
· Pension Scheme
· A unique opportunity to join a growing part of the UPS Family that offers progression opportunities