Part Time Warehouse Operative Early Morning (UK)
UPS is hiring individuals to work as Part-Time Package Handlers . This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Part-time employees usually work 3 - 4 hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays.
Ensure accurate movement of all packages, safely within the warehouse sort environment whilst working to specific deadlines.
The warehouse operative role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague's working day and most importantly our customer's.
Shift hours are:
Pre-Load Mon-Fri 04:30-08:00 (£10.83 per hour)
· Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
· Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
· Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
· Prioritize “guaranteed service” parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
· Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
· To identify any ‘Cash on Delivery' parcels.
· Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
· Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager.
Key Skills and Experience:
· Excellent communication skills.
· Good team player.
· Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude required.
· Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
· Accurately follow written instructions.
· Attention to detail whilst working in a fast paced, pressurized environment.
· Willing to perform other duties as and when required.
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
Job Package Handling
Primary Location United Kingdom-England