Description de l'offre
Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
Drive Your Career with UPS/Deliver Excellence with UPS.
£11.49 per hour, rising to £14.13
Recognised globally for its service excellence, on-time delivery capabilities and professional service providers, UPS is the world's largest package delivery company. As a Multi-drop Driver, you'll be the face of our company in well-known brown UPS vehicle, collecting and delivering time-sensitive packages throughout the day. It's a crucial role and one that makes our service unique. You will need excellent organizational skills to plan and prioritize your daily workload. You will work 40 hours per week plus overtime as and when required to meet operational requirements. Dependant on location start times vary from 7am to 8am.
With a minimum of 2 years driving experience, you must have a full, clean C1 (7.5 tonne) driving license, be smart and presentable. As part of your training you will be working towards a QCF qualification, which is equivalent to five GCSE's grade A to C. Whilst ideally we look for a full CPC qualification, we are able to offer this as part of the training process.
· Complete daily safety checks of the UPS vehicle
· Complete multiple deliveries and collections of packages that can weigh up to 70kg's
· Prioritize workload to ensure time commitments are met.
· Check for 'cash on delivery' packages and ensure all monies are collected.
· Ensure correct completion of UPS paperwork
· Expected to comply with UPS Policy Code and appearance guidelines.
· Accurate recording of working and driving hours to comply with road transport regulations.
· To project a high quality UPS image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality service to our customers at all times.
Key Skills / Experience:
· A minimum of 2 years driving experience.
· Ideal candidates must hold a C1, 7.5 ton license
· Some experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage.
· Excellent communication skills
· Customer service experience would be an advantage.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure.
· Flexible working approach as overtime will be required.
· Be a good team player with the ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
· Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritize
· Already own, or would be prepared to get, a digital tachograph card
· Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude.
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
If you wish to contact UPS prior to applying for this position please email;
Primary Location United Kingdom-England