We are UPS, the world's largest package delivery company. We are looking for a candidate to work at our Tamworth facility as a Full time Automation Technician working Mon-Fri 6pm-2am.
The Automation Technician supports the protection of UPS assets and facilities. They assist with the maintaining of and continued improvement of UPS conveyor systems. Troubleshoots, calibrates, analyses and adjusts Automated Sortation Systems as necessary to maintain optimal performance of Plant Floor Equipment. Responds to sort calls and breakdowns and expedites their completion. Proactively identifies equipment or human interface that is the cause of system defects. This position will combine the individual's technical knowledge and analytical skills to support an Automated Sortation System. The position would also involve the maintenance and support for the adjacent conventional system.
Processes required to maintain and support are:
• Conveyor Systems (Belting, Power Units, Pulleys, Rollers)
• Height Sensor / Photo-eyes
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
• Imaging Systems (Camera / Lights)
• Laser Scanners
• Dimensioning Systems
• Human Machine Interface (HMI) Systems
• Plant Floor PC Hardware and Applications
• Uninterruptable Power Supplies
• Basic Salary £40k
• Excellent benefits package including company pension, holiday pay, discounts at major retailers (e.g. Apple, cinemas) and attractions (e.g. Alton Towers, The London Eye) and many more
• Full industry leading training
• UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
• Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, with relevant automation experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Able to work on own initiative and prioritize accordingly
• Willing to work flexible hours including call out coverage
• Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.