POLAR SPEED DISTRIBUTION LIMITED
Polar Speed, a UPS company, is a logistics company and innovative provider of temperature sensitive transportation and pharmaceutical supply chain solutions in the UK.
Pharmacy Accuracy Checking Technician (ACT) - Based in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
Salary Circa £24,000 Per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Polar Speed has a reputation for quality, compliance, operational and customer facing technology and monitoring solutions in the growing temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical logistics market in the UK. The company specialises in active temperature-controlled deliveries to hospitals, pharmacies, wholesalers and medical care surgeries as well as to end patients which it serves through its homecare business. Its customers include some of the best known pharmaceutical brands in the world.
As an Accuracy Checking Technician working within the in-house pharmacy, you must already possess Accredited Checking Technician (ACT) and/or NVQ Level 3 certificate in Pharmacy Services. You will provide accurate final checking on Homecare prescriptions and provide dispensing assistance to the responsible pharmacist. Working 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 0800 and 1800, you must be flexible and prepared to work additional hours as and when required to meet our service requirements which may be of an urgent medical nature.
We currently have 1 position - Monday to Friday.
We offer a wide range of benefits including 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays) building to 33 days (including bank holidays) in the sixth full holiday year and a company pension
For successful applicants, Polar Speed will process basic disclosure criminal record checks.
· Comply with all required General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) standards for registration as an ACT
· Conduct final checking of dispensed items in accordance with approved Protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· Supervise and participate in the dispensing and supply of medicinal products in accordance with the requirements of:
a) The medicine Act
b)Medicine, Ethics and Practice (MEP) guide of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
c)Good Distribution Practice (GDP)
· Ensure all activities meet and integrate with the Quality Management Systems, Health and Safety and COSHH requirements and environmental policies
· Support accurate management of stock related functions
· Assist in investigation of all pharmacy incidents to improve service
· Participate in the training and development of the pharmacy team especially Dispensary Assistant Trainees
· Assist in preparation of Standard Operating Procedures under the supervision of the Clinical Pharmacy Manager
· Carry out any other reasonable duties as defined by the pharmacist
· Must possess Accredited Checking Technician (ACT) and/or NVQ Level 3 certificate in Pharmacy Services
· Therapy knowledge of specific homecare therapies Skills (Dispensary Assistant) with a minimum of 6 months' post qualification experience
· The Accuracy Technician Checker Assessment should be completed soon after the technician qualification is obtained and must be reviewed regularly in accordance with the requirements of the awarding body.