Abingdon, Banbury and Basingstoke Driver Helpers, Temporary ContractJob Description
Abingdon, Banbury and Basingstoke Driver Helpers, Temporary Contract-037955
Driver Helper Position Summary:
This role will involve meeting drivers, at predetermined locations, in order to assist with deliveries and collections. Helpers will be paid for all hours worked from the point of meeting with the driver until completion of duties.
Whilst we can guarantee 10 hours per week, further hours will vary dependant on volumes and specific areas, it is anticipated that helpers will, in the main, be required to work from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm. The helpers will be required Tuesday to Friday.
Salary starts from £9.13 per hour and will be paid monthly.
The role may transition to permanent depending on performance.
We are recruiting for driver helpers in the following postcode areas, please only apply if you live in (or are able to travel to) these postcodes:
· Complete multiple deliveries and collections of packages on foot.
· Prioritize workload to ensure time commitments are met.
· Check for 'cash on delivery' packages and ensure all monies are collected.
· Ensure correct completion of UPS paperwork
· Expected to comply with UPS Policy Code and appearance guidelines. .
· To project a high quality UPS image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality service to our customers at all times.
Key Skills / Experience:
· Some experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage.
· Excellent communication skills
· Customer service experience would be an advantage.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure.
· Flexible working approach as overtime will be required.
· Be a good team player with the ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
· Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritize
· Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude.
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
If you wish to contact UPS prior to applying for this position please email;
job Package Handling
Primary Location GB-Abingdon-Oxfordshire