T & I Process Improvement & Factory Engineer
Job Location: Port Sunlight Personal Care Factory- Wirral-
Salary- £33.738 - 9- 5pm (Monday to Friday) Benefits- Pension, Private Health Care-
Permanent: Full Time
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference
Unilever has an impressive ambition to double the size of our business whilst reducing our environmental impact and our Supply Chain is key to achievement of this ambition. In line with our growth ambition we are making a huge investment at Port Sunlight, the birthplace of Unilever, by building a new world-class Personal Care Manufacturing Facility.
The PC SU has been on a steep improvement curve and this will continue; this role plays a key part in continuing to drive the output and improvements in the process plant to enable that transformation to continue.
The role reports into the T&I process leader and has both technical development, improvement, project delivery, and operational monitoring aspects for the make plant in PC.
The role will have a key part in delivering the SU digital roadmap – incorporating new capabilities to change the way the SU operates. Paperless production, statistical control, analytical and automation interfaces will all be key components of the role.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
· Support Innovation & VIP Projects through the contribution to project / change delivery under guidance of SUIT Leader.
· Extending to project leadership & co-ordination where appropriate
· Lead the SPC program in PC; for hair production to expand to all quality monitored parameters (pH, density, viscosity) and to implement same for skin
· To lead for process implementation of the digital SU platform
· To bring on line development projects involving new technologies / capabilities into the SU
· To eliminate non-value added activity in the process plant to increase productive tasks time
· Liase with Global Manex and expertise teams as needed.
· Support Operational success of the SU with engineering knowledge and capabilities; help investigations, remedy losses
· Enable excellence in quality through root cause analysis investigations of making plant losses or quality incidents
· Lead SU performance monitoring & review capabilities for process plant. This includes key metrics which drive SU performance and financial results. The responsibility is on this role to drive an increase in these performance as well
· Right first time – batch adjustments / formulation alternations as needed / operational changes as needed
· Batch Yields and waste levels associated with make; and action plans thereof
· Build support and resource teams as needed to drive improvements
· Lead for the development and implementation of process capabilities monitoring platform (Power BI)
· Capacity / changeovers / downtime
· To roll out and coach operational changes as it drives the key KPI's for the SU
· To work using world class manufacturing methodologies where required
Need to be aware of and understand process risks and standards
Unilever and site regulations, to ensure inherently safe plant and equipment, proper environmental protection and safety of personnel. Use relevant Risk assessment methods.
• Be responsible for ensuring that all incidents are reported and analysed using the proper procedures and resultant actions are implemented
• Take part in incident investigations in his/her area when required and ensure that all learning's are cascaded across the factory.
• Ensure that the correct PPE is used by the teams, leading by example and reinforcing the rules
• Perform regular site audits (SBO / DCA's) and ensure that all audit actions are completed
• Familiar with Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA) and HAZOP techniques
• Co-ordination of main plant trials
• Key innovation contact/representative for the Sourcing Unit
• Identify critical points to ensure product quality
Contribute to HACCP studies
Key contact for investigations pertaining to abnormal operation or quality out of specifications occurences
Provide cost effective solutions for implementation of innovation and infrastructure projects
• Carry out budgetary control of a project or sub-project
Raise Capital proposals and project documentation
• Provide technical assistance to the Manufacturing Operation and Category Engineers as required
• Work with operational teams to design training/skills matrix for each project
• Be a part of a multi-skilled project team and develop to lead teams
• Promoting a culture of continuous improvement
• Individuals are expected to take responsibility, be skilled, motivated and committed to delivering business objectives and the continual development of people
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- engineering / scientific / analytical
- Process Experience
-Knowledge of project management skills and techniques
-Good analytical skills
-Fluent in English
-Good communications skills
-Self motivating with strong delivery focus
-Networking & Influencing
-Core digital competencies and /or abilities to learn new skills
- Examples of this are: Statistical process control
- Advanced excel skills
- Power BI database & front end development / management
- Liaison with programming / automation engineers
- Ability to self-learn the latest digital capabilities
Online Application >> >> Face to Face Interview >> Job Offer
As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages women to apply.
Unilever est une multinationale Anglo-Néerlandaise. Créée en 1930 par la fusion de Lever Brothers et Margarine Unie, cette société est la quatrième mondiale sur le marché de l’agroalimentaire derrière Nestlé, PepsiCo et Kraft Foods. Elle est aussi le premier producteur de glace et de thé au monde.
Chaque jours, 2 milliards de personnes utilisent des produits Unilever qui se vendent dans plus de 190 pays. Unilever emploie plus de 171 000 collaborateurs à travers le monde dans plus de 100 pays et possède plus de 400 marques dans le monde comme par exemple, Ben & Jerry’s, Miko, Lipton pour les boissons et glaces, mais aussi, Alsa, Amora, Knorr dans l’alimentaire, Axe, Dove, Signal dans le soin à la personne et enfin, Sun, Skip ou encore Cif, dans l’entretien de la maison. Son chiffre d’affaires s’élève à 51,3 milliards d’euros. En France Unilever compte 2 800 collaborateurs et génère un chiffre d’affaires de 2,6 milliards d’euros.