Salary: £29,059 to £39,573
Location: Port sunlight, Wirral, UK
Function: Research & Development
Travel: 5% Travel
“WANT TO BE PART OF SOMETHING “IRRESISTIBLE ?”
Unilever is a global consumer goods company which owns brands like Dove, Axe, Magnum, TRESemme, Domestos, Lux and Toni&Guy. We are developing our brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow – aiming to make sustainable living commonplace.
Unilever Hair Packaging Team is looking for an exceptional Packaging Technologist as part of its innovation team to contribute to the success of our global brands.
The main purpose of your role as a Packaging Technologist will be to lead part or all of the Packaging Workstream for projects (e.g. bottle, closure, jar….)
You will work as part of the project team to coordinate and manage the delivery of the programmes on projects considering:
· materials, functionality and sensorials all through the lens of mass production techniques to deliver unique, value driven and sustainable packaging experiences.
· Leading packaging development activities on small to medium new variant/brand projects such as providing technical guidance to suppliers, marketing and component & colour qualification.
· Communicate with packaging teams around the globe to share best practice and facilitate / support project development and rollout.
· Developing new or existing packaging that meet supply chain, formulation, consumer, brand, regional and confidentiality requirements.
· Lead packaging testing activities, understand and interpret results, make recommendations and build robust specifications.
· Work and communicate effectively with different departments and suppliers to deliver against the project network timings and identify and manage risks.
· Play an active role in leading and contributing to the Unilever Packaging Strategy and other category activities.
So ask yourself “Do I want to be part of delivering packaging experiences which are beautiful; purposeful and sustainable, in fact IRRESISTIBLE?
· Proven and relevant experience in packaging development.
· A creative, logical and analytical mind to generate innovative design solutions to technical design problems.
· Ability to apply business leadership skills understanding and prioritise the impact of design decisions on cost, consumer and environment.
· You will need to be enthusiastic and self-motivated with good verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate complex engineering and design principles to people at all levels of the business, across different functions.
WHY JOIN UNILEVER PACKAGING
Joining Unilever Packaging means working within a dedicated and ambitious team on the development of high impact brand innovation. Unilever offers an agile and open-minded environment with strong, proactive, passionate thinkers who are constantly seeking to improve purpose in terms of brand, people, sustainability, technology & business growth.
As a job holder in Unilever Packaging you will have the chance to collaborate with and guide multi-disciplinary teams and external partners in order to create value and meet consumer needs with convincing and meaningful Design solutions. Within Unilever Packaging you will have the chance to grow further and be supported by various training initiatives both inside and outside Packaging.
Standards of Leadership:
· Bias for Action
· Building Talent and Teams
· Growth Mindset
· Consumer and Customer Focus
· Accountability & Responsibility
How to Apply
Find out what it’s like to work here by clicking on this link https://www.unilever.co.uk/careers/professionals/working-here/
Or to apply now, click on “Apply to this job”. All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role. Please note that the closing date for the receipt of applications is 29 th July 2018
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Unilever est une multinationale Anglo-Néerlandaise. Créée en 1930 par la fusion de Lever Brothers et Margarine Unie, cette société est la quatrième mondiale sur le marché de l’agroalimentaire derrière Nestlé, PepsiCo et Kraft Foods. Elle est aussi le premier producteur de glace et de thé au monde.
Chaque jours, 2 milliards de personnes utilisent des produits Unilever qui se vendent dans plus de 190 pays. Unilever emploie plus de 171 000 collaborateurs à travers le monde dans plus de 100 pays et possède plus de 400 marques dans le monde comme par exemple, Ben & Jerry’s, Miko, Lipton pour les boissons et glaces, mais aussi, Alsa, Amora, Knorr dans l’alimentaire, Axe, Dove, Signal dans le soin à la personne et enfin, Sun, Skip ou encore Cif, dans l’entretien de la maison. Son chiffre d’affaires s’élève à 51,3 milliards d’euros. En France Unilever compte 2 800 collaborateurs et génère un chiffre d’affaires de 2,6 milliards d’euros.