Job Title: Product Design Engineer, Personal Care R&D
Salary: £29,059 to £39,573
Location: Port sunlight, Wirral, UK
Function: Research & Development
Travel: 5% Travel
Unilever is a global consumer goods company which owns brands like Dove, Vaseline, Axe Magnum, TRESemme, Domestos, Lux and Toni&Guy. We are developing our brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow – aiming to make sustainable living commonplace.
Unilever Personal Care R&D is looking for an exceptional Product Design Engineer to lead innovation projects for our global brands.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
The Product Design Technologist will lead development and delivery of new Personal Care product opportunities, taking innovations from concept to consumer validation and through factory scale-up. The position will be accountable for project leadership, technical engineering, and material scoping while implementing designs into Unilever manufacturing facilities. The role will partner with brand teams, supply chain, and suppliers to design and execute winning concepts using leading-edge test methods and digital capabilities. The position is part of fast-paced, dynamic team environment with real responsibility for business impact by delivering innovative products to market that directly contribute to Unilever's success.
You're a change maker: You're constantly looking to improve consumer experiences through package development, and create new ways to deliver more value to Unilever's business growth.
You're a born leader: By combining technical knowledge with a passion for creative problem-solving, you never hesitate to take action when faced project obstacles.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: An infectious passion for success is a must. You're detail-orientated with an ability to manage multiple fast-track projects in a collaborative team environment.
You're a story teller: You communicate technical packaging successes by translating into a business impact message. You adapt to an audience and influence direction across project functions and categories.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
· Relevant degree in Engineering, Product Design, Material Science, or Technical Project Management (science & technology focus), and proven working experience in product development field, preferably in the FMCG industry.
· Broad project design and engineering knowledge with experience in concept development, packaging materials, and manufacturing processes.
· A creative, logical and analytical mind set to generate innovative design solutions to technical challenges.
· Must demonstrate a general understanding of project management to realise the order, importance, and impact of project activities as it relates to package design process.
· Must understand consumer, business, and category needs and the relationship to product design decisions & execution. An entrepreneurial mind set is advantageous.
· Enthusiasm and self-motivation with great verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex engineering and design principles to people at all levels of the business, across different functions.
So ask yourself, “Am I a passionate s elf-starter that can merge engineering processes, design-thinking, and material technology with project leadership to deliver superior product experiences to market?
Standards of Leadership:
· Bias for Action
· Building Talent and Teams
· Growth Mindset
· Consumer and Customer Focus
· Accountability & Responsibility
How to Apply
Find out what it's like to work here by clicking on this link https://www.unilever.co.uk/careers/professionals/working-here/
Or to apply now, click on “Apply to this job”. All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role. Please note that the closing date for the receipt of applications is 15 th August 2018