You will be the central contact point for maintenance, production, and management personnel concerning the operational status of plant equipment and their operability; planning and scheduling all maintenance; interfacing with the production department and maintenance management personnel and tradespersons; and maintaining the CMMS system for all equipment.
You will be a key leader in identify issues, scheduling their repairs and improving reliability for equipment. Working together with the Maintenance Supervisors (Mechanical & Electrical) you will be able to provide improved work flows, improved KPI’s and metrics. Working with Production Supervisors and WCM team you will be able to establish corrective actions for operation of equipment, AM standards, and equipment condition.
This role requires you to be flexible and multi-task. You will reinforce the maintenance standards and ways of working in the department and bring improvements to increase efficiency and reliability while reducing cost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan Preventive, Corrective and Planned Maintenance with special attention paid to all regulatory requirements that may apply
· Schedule outside contractors to work on specific jobs, as required
· Track Breakdowns and perform Breakdown Analysis or use other Analysis tools to identify root cause for repetitive breakdowns or other loses
· Develop other WCM activities such as: Autonomous Maintenance in Workshops, Lead FI teams or develop new activities as assigned
· Interpret data, identify problems, and formulate proper decisions.
· Express ideas clearly (verbal and written) and ability to work from verbal and written instructions, manuals, diagrams, work orders and specification.
· Ability to generate and analyze reports, charts, and KPI’s
· Generate presentations and communicate key maintenance initiatives
· Ability to develop short term and long-term maintenance plans and monitor the execution of the plans
· Ability to interact with suppliers and other Unilever factories to upgrade equipment/parts and process, helping reduce cost and increase efficiency
· Scheduling Maintenance personnel, handle vacation and off time scheduling
· Scheduling and execute maintenance outage plans and deliver start-up after prolonged downtime
· Support trades with requests and improve workflows
· Recommend stock parts and non-stock parts based on breakdowns and corrective orders
· Review maintenance plans and durations from OEMs for equipment and supplement as needed
· Write permits and on-occasion supervise work as needed
· Order and manage spare parts for maintenance storeroom
· Post-secondary education in a technical field such as Engineering or Maintenance is required
· Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in maintenance planning position
· Knowledge of MS Office required and other software (Outlook, CMMS, TEAMS, and Apps)
· Computer savvy and technically inclined as it relates to IT/Apps/Mobile technology
· Self-directed learning and a strong proficiency for hands on learning
· Teamwork, positive attitude and patience are strong requirements for this role
Unilever Canada is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Unilever Canada est une organisation engagé à la diversité et à l'inclusion pour stimuler nos résultats d'affaires et créer un meilleur avenir chaque jour pour nos employés, les consommateurs globaux, les partenaires et les communautés. Nous croyons qu'un effectif diversifiée nous permet de faire correspondre nos ambitions de croissance et de stimuler l'inclusion dans l'entreprise. Tous les candidats qualifiés recevront la considération pour un emploi sans égard à la race, la couleur, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression de genre, l'âge, l'origine nationale ou ethnique, l'état matrimonial, la situation familiale, l'invalidité, les caractéristiques génétique, et une condamnation pour laquelle un pardon a été accordée.
Si vous êtes une personne handicapée qui a besoin d'aide à tout moment au cours de notre processus de recrutement, veuillez communiquer avec nous au NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Veuillez noter: ces lignes sont réservées aux personnes handicapées ayant besoin d'aide et ne sont pas un moyen d'enquêter sur les postes.