At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us.
We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf.
Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you’re having in the work you do - every small thing counts.
Main Job Purpose:
Responsible for leading and implementing all marketing activities on a Brand / Country level.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
· BMs Leads Innovations with BD
· Approves brand ATL plans for the brand
· Owns A & P for the brand
· Controls brand’s/ country P&L
· Leads brand marketing plan
· Anticipates current and future consumer trends and hence, opportunities
· Analyses market trends and growth drivers and prepare plans to tap into those drivers and win in market.
· Proactively anticipates competitor actions (e.g. price increase from competitors)
· Understands each market dynamics across Mashreq and plans and activates the brand according to those dynamics.
· Works with Below the Line (BTL) agencies to deliver exciting activation in the market to the consumers
· Takes part in insight activator events where one meets/interviews consumers to develop close marketplace connections with the consumers
· Be responsible at a format level to manage process, profit margins and budgets
· Is expected to take on some degree of financial responsibility for the brands
· Understands pricing of the brand and pricing vs. competition
· Is responsible to manage large budgets in terms of spend and cost allocation (e.g. agency cost, sampling cost)
· Manages the promotional investment budget and manages the promotional intensity of each market with the country contacts. (e.g. price promotions-manage the type, appearance, 2+1 free or 20% discount)
· Judges the creative submissions from the agencies and evaluates effectiveness
· Assists the Category Manager in working with the Regional team to ensure timely roll out of innovation mixes in Mashreq.
· Responsible for launch planning, implementation, and evaluation of the innovation mix.
· Part of the innovation projects associated with the brand
· Responsible of brand management in terms of intervening when issues occur on stocks, sales etc. in work with customer development and customer marketing team to address issues, set action plans and follow up on implementation
Key Competencies & Skills:
· Proven project management skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Relationship management skills
· Analytical skills
· Sales experience is a preferable asset
· Digital experience
· Campaigns deployment and products launches