JOB TITLE: Assistant Business Development Manager, Global Institutional Customers
JOB LOCATION: Singapore
UNILEVER INTERNATIONAL IS:
(drum rolls) …. Unilever’s White Space Arm!
As the ninth global cluster , we work across the world to fill white spaces for Unilever.
We treat the business as our own.
As intrapreneurs , we introduce Unilever’s brands into white space geographies Pacific Islands, Korea, Mongolia, and spearhead launches of iconic household brands like Dove, Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, TRESemme into big markets like U.S, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever’s growth engine, we establish global white space businesses in key channels such as Health & Beauty, Discounters, E-Commerce and alternate channels such as travel retail, marketing to institutional partners like the United Nations, and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who crave for a taste of their familiar home brands.
Singapore is our global hub leading strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, and alignment with the global categories and supply chain.
Game changing business
SPEED is the mantra for our resounding success. To serve the underserved , we embrace a founder’s mentality , explore unchartered territories, redesign end-to-end business models to establish successful businesses. We make a difference by working fast and smart, nurturing our tribe, winning together and living by five tenets :
· We will be the fastest route-to-market globally;
· We go where no (man, woman or distributor) has ever explored;
· Impossible is an opinion, not a fact;
· Speed is our currency;
· When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime.
ABOUT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT IN UI:
· We build market positions in white spaces by identify new opportunities, developing, defining, negotiating and nurturing strong business relationships. We own the business’ P&L end-to-end, partner with customers, distributors and internal cross-functional teams to manage and grow existing businesses, to deliver growth through flawless execution of projects.
THE ROLE IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE:
· You’ll drive end-to-end management of GIC initiatives and manage existing business;
· You’ll coordinate across multi-functional teams to bring projects to life and drive business growth.
· Leading, mapping and developing business opportunities through data and insight activation
· Screening potential businesses through market analysis, deal requirements, potential and financial analysis
Establishing and Executing Business Plans
· Developing and managing business plans internally and externally, to craft end-to-end launch plans to drive route-to-market for new product development (NPD)
· Establishing supply chain networks and alignment with Category team on launches
· Develop and deliver customer growth plan, build appropriate customer interface, Brand distribution, Price realization (retail and cost), Inputting accurate sales forecasts, Competitor awareness etc
· Works with Innovation teams to deliver extension of range / new products
Tracking and Monitoring Performance
· Creating business cases (P&L) and activation spend for sales and marketing budgets (TTS & BMI)
· Tracking and managing of key business metrics and KPIs across marketing and trade activities
· Reporting in-market activities and competitor dataDrive Operational support to Business Development activities like Monthly Order tracking, Forecast versus Actuals analysis
· Support line Manager in identifying new Business Development Opportunities by analyzing historical data, comparing competitor information and then creating plans for potential opportunities
· Works daily with internal (UI Global Supply Chain) and external partners (Customer Operational teams) to deliver Sales
· Carries out Weekly reviews on Payment Collections and Customer Claims and ensures full hygiene and timely collection of Payments and Claims
· Ensures Faster response to customers, Champion customer cause within Unilever
· Drives improved trade terms / improved contribution to financial objectives
· Drives weekly calls with Customer to ensure in-full and in-timely collection of Dues
· Leading and align cross functional teams to effectively manage projects
· Collaborating with local OpCo for synergies
· Builds extensive customer relationships and operational knowledge
· Drive implementation of appropriate Customer collaboration Capabilities with UI Customers
· UI Business Development, Finance, Marketing and Supply Chain teams
· External distributors
· External Interface with Customers, Internal interface with SC, Marketing IT and Finance business partners to set up the key enablers and deliver the initiatives for seamless implementation.
RELEVANT SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Be a strategic, highly adaptable and entrepreneurial person
· Embrace a high growth mindset with strong love for consumers, shoppers and customers
· Have strong financial acumen and analytical skills
· Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with key stakeholders
· Have experience working and leading in cross-functional teams
· 3 - 7 years’ experience in FMCG or Similar industry in Customer Development
· A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Online” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
Thank you for your interest and application.
*We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.