Location: Head Office, Durban
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To support the Brand Manager in enhancing a brand's equity and market share directly through advertising
campaigns (above and below the line from TV to point of sale) and landing innovations in the market and indirectly, through promotions such as cause championing or event sponsorship.
Develop an in-depth understanding and become an expert in regional markets – the business environment in which the brands compete, including category segments, competitors and channels.
Responsible for building a holistic understanding of our consumers and shoppers.
Plays a key role in managing the brands as a business unit – forecasting volume, managing budgets and tracking.business performance.
· Innovation & renovation:
· - Manages small innovation projects or clearly defined sections of a bigger project coached/supervised by brand manager.
· - Assists in the development of consumer insights and the development of global innovation (including packaging) and communication programmes working closely with the CMI team, agencies and other functional teams i.e. Customer, supply chain, finance to ensure excellent delivery and implementation.
· - Accountable for the analysis of brand performance and brand health by constantly evaluating performance of regional support activities and in-store implementation against measurable objectives in key countries.
· This includes the monitoring of progress against key trial and awareness measures and initiating measuring the effectiveness and ROI of key activities.
· - Identifies solutions and make recommendations to improve effectiveness based on performance monitoring.
· Brand marketing plans (bmp)
· - Assists in the translation of Brand Marketing Plan into action.
· IN MARKET ACTIVITIES
· - Applying understanding consumer insights
· - Developing detailed brand activity plans
· At least 2-5 years’ relevant Marketing, Branding and Digital Marketing experience
· Relevant Marketing / Business degree
· Experience and / or ability to work with virtual teams and multiple stakeholders and functions
· Proven track record in Project management.
Unilever is an equal opportunities employer and committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. We are intentional in employing the best talent that reflect the demographics of our country. We therefore invite applications from all candidates representing diversity of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. When appointing potential candidates, the South African Employment Equity and Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Legislation will be considered.
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. If you are applying as a Foreign National, please note that you may be requested to provide supporting documents supporting this.
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required to be considered. Your application status should read “Application Completed”.
Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.