South Korea, Seoul UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 24-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Financial Analyst is specifically in charge of the consolidation of Business Unit’s budget and operational plan financials in IBP (Integrated Business Planning) exercise, Business Unit’s forecast of yearly financials and also Business Unit’s monthly closing financials. He or she will perform various analysis on result drivers, variances, cost and margin of the Business Unit and participate in preparation of various reports
- Prepare and consolidate Business Unit’s budget and operational plan financials in IBP (Integrated Business Planning) exercise
- Ensure solid consolidation of IBP, forecast and monthly financials of BU(Business Unit) RBM, with a deep understanding of the underlying Business flows.
- Take an active part in development of various reports necessary for analysis in Business Intelligence system.
- Contribute to set-up of major BU’s KPIs and also to preparation and enhancement of various BU reports to provide timely and necessary information for management decision
Who we are looking for
- BA degree in Finance related major(Business Administration, Economics etc.) with 3~7 years of progressive accounting experience in financial analysis, global consolidation and financial reporting and budgeting and controlling expertise
- Good Knowledge of IFRS and primary financial statements and controlling modelling
- Experience with Cognos Financial Management is preferred
- Exposure to an environment with multiple entities is required, with industrial background
- SAP Financials(FI, CO) experience is preferred
- Expertise skills in Excel, and other operational tools
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail is critical
- Able to prioritize among multiple tasks
- Flexibility & sense of initiative, highly autonomous
- Solution and result oriented mindset.
- Fluent in English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?