Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Having ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
The Web Programmer designs, implements and ensures the proper functioning of web tools. The Web Programmer will join a game production team, which provides products and services to productions to facilitate development and online game operations (games-as-a-service). Having a good UI/UX is important since we want to streamline the operations, abstract the complex machinery behind and also provide security and checks to prevent bad configurations from reaching the live environment.
The main and routine tasks of the web developer are to:
· Develop and maintain front-end web applications based on internal game needs
· Compile, understand and analyze the operational needs of the production and service teams to best serve their interests
· Suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems and functions
· Check and validate that new systems are in line with project objectives and remain coherent with the current code and optimize them whenever required
· Support the functions and systems designed for production
· Verify and correct bugs identified by other working units and the QC team
· Document the work to transfer knowledge and ensure that users in other working units understand and use the new systems and functions
· Participate in daily team activities
· Carry out all other related tasks
General skills and knowledge:
· 4+ years of experience in web programming
· Commitment to delivering quality work
· Ability to understand and account for user needs
· Problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail
· Analytical and synthesis skills
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to adapt to change
· Results focus
Core skills and knowledge:
· Extensive knowledge of RESTful APIs
· Knowledge of DevOps principles
· Knowledge of Linux & Windows
· Knowledge of databases (MySql and NoSql)
· Knowledge of Docker
· Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum)
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.