Ubisoft’s 20,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
As a UX Designer, you’ll deliver the best player experience working closely with development teams under the leadership of the UX Director.
You will concentrate on two main aspects:
· Ensuring optimal usability: You’ll remove unwanted friction across the player journey with a focus on onboarding, tutorials, game flow, player comfort, signs & feedback, 3Cs, progression, UI, ergonomic principles, affordance, accessibility, etc.
· Boosting engage-ability: You’ll enhance player motivation and engagement by leveraging personas, cognitive and social psychology, self-determination theory etc. You will advocate for UX by supporting the diffusion of user-centric guidelines defined by the UX Direction
· As the owner of the features related to player exposition, design their functionalities, flows and interactions.
· Design Service features to support the online experience of the game: toxicity management, shop, etc.
· Design user interfaces and write the associated documentation in collaboration with the UI team [if relevant] including logic, layout, mock-ups, menu flows.
· Lead user-centered iterative prototyping processes in order to validate design intentions and test interactions.
· Map player journeys in collaboration with Game Designers
· Identify improvement areas in the game or features to maximize player comfort, engagement and retention.
· Promote user-centricity in the development of the features you work on by providing development teams with best practices and solutions.
· Produce UX documentation [to adapt] such as glossary to support UX evangelization and align development teams.
· You studied Design (Industrial, Graphic, Interaction or Game Design for instance), human computer interactions, cognitive psychology or social sciences.
· You come from web, media, entertainment, e-commerce or industrial companies.
Your analytical skills and ability to combine various sources of data allow you to make data-informed design decisions.
You are able to deal with diverse stakeholders driven by various priorities and interests.
You possess interaction design skills with a user-centric approach.
You are able to prototype in order to test a concept.
You are familiar with cognitive and social psychology, motivational theories (including self determination theory).
You have strong knowledge of information architecture, ergonomic and accessibility principles [for instance:] A11y/ WCAG requirements, web content accessibility guidelines).
Will be a plus
· You possess visual design skills.
You understand the game development process and constraints.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.