Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Independently deliver high quality assets, features and experiences from an ergonomic, aesthetic and technical perspective within the constraints of the project.
· Complete assigned tasks autonomously through any stages of the production process from conception through to final sign off;
· Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
· Communicate and collaborate with key stake holders to develop feature direction and consistency of work;
· Collaborate effectively with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to produce features and assets;
· Implement optimal functionality and usability of assigned features and help suggest methods to verify success;
· Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
· Play an active role in the sign off process, including being self-critical and providing suitable feedback;
· Creatively apply the project UI art direction and ensure consistency throughout the work;
· Produce well optimised assets in line with technical requirements and conventions;
· Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
· Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
· Strong graphics design skills (e.g. design, layout and typography etc.);
· Strong interest in current trends in visual communication;
· Good motion graphics skills;
· Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
· Strong knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.);
· Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes;
· Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines.
· 2 - 3 years’ minimum experience within UI Art or other relevant experience;
· Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
· Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.);
· Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is desirable.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.