Technical Service Technician
CANADA IT development
You’re the go-to IT resource for a growing video game studio, making sure our teams have everything they need to work on game-changing technologies and major brands. You’ll deliver on-site support for the hardware and software of the Ubisoft Winnipeg studio and teams, keeping our day-to-day operations efficient and delivering great customer support in line with worldwide IT standards and local needs.
· Provide level 1 and level 2 support to end users, physically or remotely
· Validate the priorities of the tickets and follow up on requests and incidents
· Administer, support, and troubleshoot all studio hardware (computers, printers, monitors etc.), software, and network operating systems
· Create and manage users, computer accounts, and network resources access in Active Directory
· Coordinate with Ubisoft Global Network Services (GNS) for IT infrastructure needs and IT related issues
· Unbox and install PC hardware components as part of the PC deployment and upgrade process
· Setup and support conference rooms with Conference Systems, Polycom Phone, Projector, Projector Screen, TV, Audio/Video system
· Manage hardware inventory
· Provide training and recommendations to staff on existing technology
You’re comfortable working autonomously to support a team, and bring strong interpersonal skills and a customer service approach. Your organizational skills help you multitask, balance daily support with longer-term projects, and manage stressful situations when needed. Besides the above, we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
· 1-2 years’ experience in user support (computer populations of 50-200 users)
· In-depth technical experience with PCs, laptops and tablets
· Knowledge of an automated deployment system; SCCM, AD, OSD, etc.
· Excellent knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office suite 365
· Knowledge of the TCP/IP communication protocols, Active Directory, and latest PC and video hardware
· Knowledge of MAC/XBOX/PS Hardware an asset
· Knowledge of scripts an asset (batch files, VBScript)
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. We are committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
What to send our way
· Your resume, highlighting your experience, skills, and anything else you think we might find helpful.
· A real live person will review your application, in this case Sheena. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.
This role is based on-site in our Winnipeg studio.