The World of UBISOFT
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for new talents to join its production studio in Paris, where titles such as "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint", "Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle", "Just Dance 2021" or "Watch_Dogs Legion" have recently been developed.
Are you ready to take on new challenges?
Do you want to give beautiful experiences to the players? Come join us!
Your skills will be dedicated to BGE2, one of the most innovative productions at Ubisoft.
You will act daily with an highly skilled team of experts around multiple studios in Europe, to develop one of the most wanted feature of the game.
You will work closely with a Senior Technical Graphic Director and get the ownership on a transversal topic with the ability to disrupt the game creation methods
Your experience, your artistic vision together with your skills, will let you evolve successfully in this project and take part in an extraordinary adventure!
Our Goal? To create a huge open world, an entire Galaxy, where the gamer is free to explore unique planets (each with its own cities, ecosystem and culture)! An open universe where every run gives the player a fresh, procedurally generated, experience. To achieve this, we developed a special homemade engine with new technical possibilities which will allow us to give the player a seamless experience.
As a Technical Artist, you are responsible for identifying and developing the processes and occasionally the tools that will optimize the current production workflow:
· Design and develop (with MaxScript, Python, etc.) effective tools with simple user interfaces for production teams
· Optimize memory and game performance by realizing artistic and gameplay intentions within project constraints
· Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to create tools, processes and benchmarks that maximize production flow
· Provide daily support to the Art and Technical team
· Help team members to perform their jobs as efficiently as possible
· Help clearing up the specific problems of production bottlenecks
· Technical tracking of Assets in the engine
· Documentation of the Technical and Art pipelines
You hold an advanced degree and have substantial experience as a Technical Artist on games productions:
· You are proficient in 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini and Substance Designer (ideally).
· You have solid scripting skills (Python, etc.).
· You have significant experience on a gaming engine and an overall understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
· You are curious and have solid deductive skills
· You can work efficiently on a team and communicate your ideas.
We are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry!
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
· Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
· Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
· Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
· Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.