CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones ! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II , with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla .
To note: UBISOFT Singapore will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Ubisoft's sponsorship of a visa.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Singapore due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
YOUR DAILY JOURNEY
The Technical Artist works with the Art Director, Technical Art Director and Programmers to define and create the pipelines and tools needed to support the art production of the project. They are gatekeepers of budgets and technical constraints with which they are expected to inform and guide the team. A key aspect of this role is to identify areas of the current workflows that can be optimized through tools, technology or procedural concepts
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Setting up and maintaining production pipelines and workflows;
· Act as a bridge between Art and Tech to guide and validate game features and technologies;
· Develop or find the best possible tools and methods in order to improve and assist the Art Team in their work;
· Test tools before deployment and make sure they function correctly throughout production;
· Gatekeeper of Tech Art constraints, pushing for top visual quality and performance;
· Work with Art Leads, Technical Directors and QA to ensure that all the assets conform to technical requirements;
· PC/Console profiling and optimization;
· Produce and maintain documentation on tools, methods, trainings, processes, and engine limits for consultation and future reference.
WHAT YOU WILL PROVIDE
· Aptitude for problem solving, decision making, collaboration & communication
· Experience and knowledge of some or all of the following: Procedural software and workflows (Houdini); Scripting languages and programming concepts (Python, C#); 3D and 2D software (3DSMax, Photoshop, Substance) or Data management software (perforce);
· Knowledge and interest in multiple areas of game development: Modelling & Texturing, Shaders, Lighting, Rendering and Post Processes, Scripting, Physics Simulation and Destruction, FX, Rigging and Animation or/and Procedural;
· Experience with game editors and engines considered a plus;
· Current Generation console development experience (Xbox One, PS4) preferred;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation;
· Being creative (original and resourceful in finding solutions).
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.