As a technical architect, you will be responsible to analyze, recommend and/or choose the best technological orientations to maximize the capacities of project production. With a high and exhaustive knowledge of the engine code, the technical architect establishes memory budgets and is attributable to the performance of the engine. Whether in support to existing developments or in new developments, the architect continues to produce code and defines the best practice for the development team.
What you'll do
· Define technological vision and to orientate the conception of a new engine or new functionalities and new tools if the actual tools are useless for the project needs.
· Identify necessary improvements to the engine or to the tools to answer the project needs while managing the feasibility and risks associated to these improvements
· Assure coherence, efficacity, extensibility, modularity, and compatibility of the developed functionalities by the development team.
· Analyze and resolve computing problems related to the engine, tools, middlewares, etc.
· In collaboration with technical directors, communicate capacities and technical constraints of the engine and tools to the team mates to know production possibilities and the best associated practices.
· Define necessary measures for the optimal performance of the engine (FPS, consumption, memory, etc.)
· Be the interlocutor and the technical point of contact and for all related problems to the engine and tools.
· In collaboration with the technical directors and in respect of the technical constraints, the technical architect assures that the other teams (graphic, animation, etc.) have the necessary tools to be able to produce content
· Evaluate existing engines and tools at Ubisoft (or externally) to identify their strengths and weaknesses and to recommend those that best match the ambitions and expectations of the project.
· Anticipate the technological advances, to understand the implications due to new hardware (new consoles) and implement software systems that support these paradigm shifts and new possibilities.
· Produce documents on the engine and tools for consultation and future reference
· Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
· Undergraduate degree in computer science or computer engineering or any other related trainings
· At least 5 years of experience in programming or equivalent
· To be able to analyze and synthesize
· Ability to solve complex problems
· Autonomous and resourceful
· Have a sense of initiative and the sense of details
· To be flexible in the organization of your work
· High interpersonal skills and communication
· To be able to work in teams
· To adapt easily to change
· To be result oriented
· Hardware knowledge
· Very good knowledge of tools, consoles, and advanced technologies in video game industry
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.