Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
We are looking for a Software Tester on DCC Products that will look over an entire project’s lifecycle, provide first-line support and advanced tests, as well as be the central point of contact for the assigned product(s) within Ubisoft’s Technology Group.
The Technology Group is the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware, and online solutions used in Ubisoft games and services. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
You will be working in a fast paced international environment together with a team with a great passion for testing and quality on a wide range of specialized tools used for game development.
Your main mission:
• Identify and report software defects and usability concerns;
• Validate defect corrections;
• Support programmers in issue resolution;
• Create, maintain, and run test plans;
• Create and maintain test documentation;
• Create and send reports to stakeholders;
• Assist in defining acceptance test automation planning;
• Assist in implementing basic automated acceptance tests;
• Assist with first-line support for the product;
• Collaborate and coordinate with peers across the globe;
• Assist in training and/or producing tutorials to teach the basic features of the tools;
• Determine missing or inadequate processes in an effort to provide quality service.
What you''ll bring as experience:
• Experience in a technical position;
• Excellent English Skills;
• Significant experience in Quality Assurance (troubleshooting, test);
• Knowledge of defect tracking software (Jira or similar);
• Knowledge of software testing principles and working methodologies;
• Knowledge of test management software (TestRail, X-Ray, or similar);
• Knowledge of test automation practices and software (TDD, BDD, Ranorex, Selenium, or similar);
• Familiarity with Source Control Management software (Git/GitLab, Perforce, or similar);
• Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and production tools;
• Knowledge of computers Digital Content Creation tools (3DS Max, Maya, Motion Builder, Blender);
What you'll bring as a Colleague:
• Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
• Good organizational skills and able to manage priorities;
• Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance;
• Ability to exercise good judgement and decision-making.
Nice to have:
• Basic understanding of a scripting language (Python preferred);
• Basic knowledge of databases and networks (SQL, MongoDB, or similar);
• Experience with complex applications with multiple components;
• Knowledge about geometry creation/ manipulation in DCC software (primitives, constrains) is a big plus;
• Familiar with Client or Server Architecture will be a plus;
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
· Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
· IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
· Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.