SWEDEN IT development
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating great game experiences. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
We are looking for a Sequence Programmer who wants to be part of a team that aims to create the best animation tech in the world. Working on our animation tech team, your primary focus will be on implementing and maintaining the various sequence systems of our in-house engine Snowdrop™ to blend the barriers between narrative and gameplay experience. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, level designers, brand team, audio team, animators and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions where performance, memory, networking and load times are taken into account.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
· Designing, implementing, debugging, and iterating on existing and new sequence systems and tools in collaboration with other programmers
· Developing in a multithreaded environment for large teams
· Suggesting improvements to the sequence tech when necessary, by designing and implementing new systems
· Collaborating with content creators to discuss constraints and establish the technical constraints of the various required functions
· Implementing software in a clear and structured way keeping in mind the performance, memory consumption, network replication, maintenance, compatibility, portability requirements and optimize whenever necessary
· Documenting the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and people from other crafts) to understand how to use the new animation systems and features.
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
What you’ll bring
Besides enthusiasm for building great technology and interest for cinematography and gameplay we hope you value quality in everything you do! We believe that you are comfortable working in a collaborative environment sharing related code and tasks. The environment is constantly changing and it’s important that you can adapt to changes. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
· Professional experience working in the gaming industry with C++
· Experience with game engine sub systems: being able to interact with different kind of APIs: audio, rendering, animations, game logic
· Experience with tool programming: development of user interfaces, in-editor preview visualization of sequences, focus on usability and pipeline iteration speed
· Experience with client/server architecture and network replication
· Experience with designing efficient systems
· Debugging and problem-solving skills
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here .
Questions? We're more than willing to answer them! Please contact Malin Jessen (Talent Acquisition Partner) at email@example.com
We appreciate your application as soon as possible. All applications need to be submitted in English and no applications can be sent through email.
We look forward to receiving your application!