Red Storm Entertainment is looking for an experienced game Producer to help lead a team of highly creative and technical people to bring out their best efforts while balancing schedules and milestones.
This Producer will report to the Senior Producer and oversee a portion of the development team, collaborating with other producers and associate producers to manage the development roadmap and schedule.
We welcome people working in our Cary studio or remotely within the continental US.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Lead the team through the development life-cycle providing motivation, maintaining creativity, and building cohesion.
· Facilitate the creation of assets and/or features both internally and with external partners to meet development milestones and goals.
· Work with the production team, directors, and leads to create and manage milestone schedules, budgets, risk assessments, R&D and prototyping goals, workflows, and pipelines.
· Create new and adapt existing processes to track, analyze, assess and improve management practices to enhance the capabilities and performance of the team.
· Interface and manage expectations between the development team and HQ.
· Collaborate with Leads and other Producers to assist in staffing of the projects and reviewing or verifying schedules regularly through the roadmap.
· Effectively coach and manage direct reports including associate producers, leads, and other production staff as needed.
· Coordinate with the Quality Control department for product testing cycles.
· Coordinate branching strategy for deliverables and continued development.
· Establish overall timeline for go-to-market.
· Monitor individual and team progress, report project status to management on a regular basis.
· 5+ years in an Associate Producer, equivalent, or greater role within the game industry; must have shipped at least one AAA game from start to launch in a production role for PC/console platforms.
· Strong project management, scheduling, and multi-team coordination experience.
· Deep understanding of project management methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Waterfall) required, and their best use cases. Experience working with them preferred.
· Coaching and mentoring skills – able to interact with team members diplomatically.
· Positive attitude, high emotional intelligence, give and receive feedback constructively.
· High level of collaborative experience with consistently favorable feedback from peers.
· Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, risk assessment, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and meeting deadlines.
· Proficient understanding of game development pipelines and related terminology across multiple disciplines.
· Experience managing outsourcing from pipeline setup through delivery and payment preferred.
· Ability to screen and interview candidates.
· Ability to identify gaps within the team and effectively resolve those issues.
· Thorough knowledge of MS Office, PowerPoint, Shotgrid, Miro, and JIRA or similar bug tracking software, as well as other business applications.
· Have a proven ability to de-escalate conflicts and manage a variety of personality types.
· A proven ability to have difficult conversations gracefully and tactfully.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
· Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
· Paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
· 401(k) plan with match
· New hires start with 3 weeks of vacation annually, increasing to a cap of 5 weeks based on years of service along with 3 additional weeks of wellness time
· 10 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
· 12 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave.
· Employee Assistance Program
· Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
· Body-Mind-Soul monthly reimbursement program for eligible activities.
· Strong, incentivized, employee referral program.
· Flexible work schedule
· Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
· Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft are committed to making our own active contribution to global carbon neutrality. In September 2020, we implemented a long-term commitment called Play Green acts on two key priorities:
Reduce the company’s carbon footprint by decarbonizing our direct operations on 4 levers: transition to renewable energy, efficiency, self-restraint and shift towards low carbon alternatives. Inspire team members, partners and players by raising awareness our stakeholders and encouraging positive action for the climate and the environment.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.