Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
· Assist with investigation, design and implementation of class-leading online features;
· Involvement with education of the game team to ensure online gameplay and technical constraints are considered during the design and implementation of game features;
· Work as a key part of an agile development team, organising and planning the implementation of features with direction from their lead, and assist less experienced programmers;
· Use practical solutions to implement feature requests, taking into account performance, maintainability and resource usage;
· Ensure coding standards are followed in their own and others code;
· Collect, interpret and analyse the technical feasibility of system/feature specifications;
· Write clear and well-structured code using the appropriate data structure and algorithms while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and architectural requirements;
· Include comments in the code and document implemented features;
· Demonstrate an understanding of the basics of load testing and game feature testing and write test code;
· Stay up-to-date with technology advances within the field;
· Perform code reviews for peers;
· Extract and interpret relevant runtime system resource information (disk IO, network, CPU, memory, etc).
Skills and Knowledge
· Knowledge of common online systems;
· Ability to debug networked/asynchronous systems;
· Very good C/C++ programming skills, with very good knowledge of object oriented development including design patterns and UML;
· Experience working with a large game codebase, and it's modules, middleware and associated pipeline;
· Understanding of speed and memory considerations, and able to implement basic optimisations;
· Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application;
· Ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend and refactor an existing module;
· Ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, and multi-threading;
· Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.;
· Understanding the constraints and technical requirements for console platform development within their area is a plus;
· Ability to adapt to change;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience;
· 3 years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game in a relevant programming capacity is a plus;
· Experience working with at least one modern console platform is an advantage;
· Experience with profiling tools is desirable;
· Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment is a plus.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.