As part of the Avatar Project, you’ll play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand-in-hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron’s production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
Are you a Level Designer who excels at building and implementing combat scenarios for action-adventure games? Collaborating primarily with a team of level designers, a Lead and an Associate Producer you'll play a significant role in development of our game world. You'll have ownership over certain content areas and collaborate with other disciplines (Game & Narrative Designers, Art and Code) to help create a memorable player experience for a well established IP.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
· Conceptualize, design, build, and script bespoke levels;
· Design and implement areas of the game including layout, character placement, objectives, and other gameplay-related entities;
· Collaborate with the Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute engaging ideas towards all aspects of game design;
· Collaborate with other Level Designers to define and refine level layouts to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow;
· Work closely with the narrative and art department to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive;
· Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building our levels.
You have a positive attitude and are passionate about games and level design. You enjoy helping others succeed and are an effective communicator, which aids you whilst working within a large production team. Ideally, you sympathize with the values of James Cameron's Avatar, you look forward to technical challenges, and the thought of learning to use our Snowdrop™ engine excites you tremendously!
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
· Proven experience within game production, with credits on at least 1 major title;
· Ability to design interesting game levels utilizing 3D tools (e.g. UnrealEd, Maya, Max, Hammer, Radiant or similar 3D editors);
· Previous experience with scripting tools (e.g. Kismet/Blueprints, Bolt, and/or Snowdrop);
· Must possess a strong working knowledge of game design systems;
· Deep knowledge of adventure & open world games.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.