About the Organisation:
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios in Pune & Mumbai where we stand 1000+ strong today in strength! If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.We have very challenging and exciting opportunities for creative minds to develop their expertise and capabilities to grow. At Ubisoft we favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit, and, together, we build success.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com. Twitter : http://twitter.com/ubisoft Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ubisoft
Job Title : Level Designer
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
· Create gameplay scenarios that highlight core mechanics and creative vision of the game.
· Create experiences that leverages the strength of a Virtual Reality platform
· Keep abreast of the limitations and caveats of Virtual Reality platforms and build a strong knowledge base
· Collaborate with Game Designers to create engaging levels, in line with the design vision
· Understand and apply guidelines for creating original level layouts within the game to support specific gameplay rules or playstyles
· Integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, AI, sound, etc.)
· Ensure the levels are optimized for smooth performance and adhere to project guidelines
· Master the Level Design tools and software as part of the production pipeline and workflow
· Conduct gameplay evaluations within the team and strive to iterate and improve the experience
· Communicate vertically and horizontally within the team in a clear and professional manner
· Create and implement design elements into the game while working in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. For this, you need to be passionate about games and the craft of level design.
· You take initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems.
· You are experienced working within a multidisciplinary team and understand the importance of collaboration to achieve top-notch quality on your work.
· You have high standards in everything you do and are devoted to creating great gameplay experiences and memorable game worlds and you put the player first.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
· 2 years game development experience on the title that is shipped.
· Strong grasp of basic VR design principles
· Knowledge of scripting languages (such as python, LUA etc.)
· Basic knowledge of performance optimization techniques
· Knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
· Good understanding of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.)
· Experience with 3D engines (Unity, Unreal, Source Engine, or others), design production tools, and level-editing pipelines.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
· Good organization and time management skills.
· Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written).
· Coaching/mentoring skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
· Self-motivated and agile.
Ubisoft India is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.