Level Artist [Star Wars Project] (M/NB/W)
FRANCE IT development
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As a Level Artist at Ubisoft Paris you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
· Being able to produce layouts autonomously following Gameplay intentions and the Art Direction
· Collaborate closely with Level Designers, Lead Artist and the Art Director to build outstanding layouts
· Create 3D assets and textures in line with the project's artistic and technical direction
· Integrate assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene.
· Ensure the quality of your work in the game fits with Gameplay and Technical constraints and make improvements when necessary.
· Working closely with the Narrative and Art departments to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive
· Strong knowledge of the 3D software of your choice: Maya, 3DS Max, Blender..
· Abilities to create PBR materials (Substance suite)
· You have an appetite for visual storytelling , with an excellent eye for detail.
· Your compositional skills and understanding of the fundamentals of art (lighting, composition, color theory, etc.) are of an advanced level;
· You are a good communicator in English and show empathy, which allow you to clearly outline your ideas, collaborate with your peers, and develop strong relationships. French is a plus
/!\ A portfolio, website or other document showing your work is required, otherwise your application will not be properly evaluated.
This position requires your presence on site several days a week.
Position to be filled as soon as possible based in Montreuil (93).
More information about the project here
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.