Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2015-16 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,394 million.
About Ubisoft Shanghai:
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games. If you are passionate by video game, highly skilled and committed to deliver top notch quality content, join our team of talents! To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
We're seeking a passionate Junior World Artist, to play a major role in the creation of terrain and environments for our AAA project. You'll collaborate with our specialized World Art Team, Environment Artists, Level designers, and our Art Director, to help us create fully realized environments to enhance the game experience for our players.
· Sculpting, modeling, and texturing terrain for game environments, specializing in landscape terrain
· Working with the Game Dev Team giving support regarding game functions and art aspect
· Participating in R&D of new techniques to implement into our production pipeline
· Proactively seeking feedback from all stakeholders and proposing positive solutions
· Ensuring the artistic style is consistent with the defined visual art style for the game
What you should be equipped with:
· Good aesthetic appreciation for art and be able to do landscape design independently
· Tools experience with World Machine / Houdini / Terrain Generator is required
· Experience in sculpting natural landscapes of varying terrain, or had relevant training courses
· Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints
· Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
· Strong communication skill with both Chinese and English (spoken and written)
· A relevant portfolio of your work is required (must include Terrain/World Art in a realistic style)
· Working knowledge with ZBrush, Blender, Maya, Modo, 3ds Max, Mudbox and Photoshop
· Familiar with geological structures and planation generation
· Familiar with automated generation tools and process
· Possess a good knowledge of cutting-edge shader techniques
What you will also get:
· An international working environment
· FUN Culture
· Lots of love from your colleagues!
Best way to apply:
· Due to visa issues, this position is only open to graduates with Chinese nationality currently .