Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
This person is responsible for preparing and running studies under the guidance of the Lead User Researcher, assessing the usability and appreciation of our games in order to validate the game design. This includes preparing the study protocol, data collection tools, data analysis, interpreting and reporting this data to answer the various objectives and needs of the production teams and of the studio.
Your main mission:
· Under the guidance of the Lead User Researcher, select the appropriate methodology, define test measures and create relevant tools in order to evaluate if the players’ experience is in line with the design intentions;
· Analyze multiple sources of data (including observation, telemetry etc.) and provide valuable and actionable insights on players’ experience;
· Keep up to date with game design, data visualization and User Research trends (trainings, conferences, new/best practices etc.);
· Ensure transparency and high quality in all forms of communication involving a user study;
· Keep track of all the changes happening in a project after a test and report them in a clear, timely and concise manner;
· Act as an observer during tests, efficiently gathering data using best practices in observation.
What You'll Bring As Experience:
· Basic understanding of social research methods (experience is a plus);
· Proactive and autonomous;
· Able to adapt to change;
· Organized and able to multitask;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
What You'll Bring As a Colleague:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (French is a plus);
· Excellent Office suite knowledge;
· Good video game culture and knowledge of games;
· Good knowledge of game mechanics.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
· Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
· IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
· Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.