Ubisoft Milan is looking for a Technical Game Designer to be involved in the production of a prestigious AAA title.
The ideal candidate has more than 3 years of experience as a Game Designer in the videogame industry with in-depth knowledge in how to deliver fun and compelling player experiences.
· Pitch, design and create game systems and mechanics, to be honed to industry-leading quality, following the standards set by the Game Design Director.
· Follow the production and implementation of the technical elements of a complete game feature by working in collaboration with other Tech Designers, Programmers and collaborators in other departments, under the supervision of the Technical Director (TD).
· Act as a technical referent on the topic and provide the documentation and technical support, following the best practices devised by the TD;
· Contribute to data optimization and validation by ensuring that colleagues comply with the technical standards that apply in the area of expertise, in keeping with budget constraints;
· Periodically provide feedback to TD, including suggestions to improve tools and methods, bugs, etc;
· As an expert user, help test new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team;
· Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines;
· Implement, balance and bug fix gameplay features, overseeing them from concept to final implementation;
· Collaborate with the team to ensure the implementation of systems into actual gameplay maintaining the overall balance between multiple gameplay systems;
· Contribute script and gameplay modules to shared library.
· Minimum one shipped console title;
· Comfortable with both conceptual and practical aspect of game design;
· Deep knowledge of gameplay mechanics and player motivation;
· Solid technical background in programming and visual scripting;
· Technical knowledge of using automation tools (macro, batch op);
· Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on fast iterations and polish;
· Highly organized with proven ability to deliver on deadlines;
· Strong motivation and interpersonal skills;
· Open to constructive criticism and know how to listen and give feedbacks to others;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Fluent in English.
As a plus:
· Experience with excel functions and vba.
· Experience with 3D software and level building tools;
· Knowledge of UX Design.
· Understanding of player data analysis;