About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 600+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
The Junior Technical Animator is a support role inside the Technical Animator team, as a Technical Animator, you will be responsible to create the game characters rigs and to develop some tools for the Animation team.
· Implementing optimizations and monitoring the performance of the game;
· Quickly learn an existing AAA game animation system and pipeline
· Train animators in workflow, tools and anything else surrounding implementation of animation assets into the game-engine
· Supervise all integration of the animation assets into the game engine
· Have good knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry
· Communicate with Engine and Animation Programmer
· Provide constant technical support of the tools and engine to the animation team and communicate regularly the technical restrictions and their rationale
· Assist the design, integration and validation of animation assets
What you should be equipped with:
· Excellent knowledge of 3D Studio Max and Max Script; good knowledge of motion builder
· Strong Gamer Culture and interest in videogame development;
· Good communication skills in both Chinese and English (spoken and written);
· Analytical mind and good problem-solving skills;
· Excellent knowledge of Human Anatomy
Nice to Have:
· Knowledge of script is strong plus (e.g. maxscript/python/mel/c# )
· Any relevant experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus.
What you will also get:
· An international working environment
· FUN Culture
· Lots of love from your colleagues!
Best way to apply:
· Due to visa issues, this position is only open to graduates with Chinese nationality currently .