Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
The IT Department of Ubisoft is currently seeking a full-time Junior Data Warehouse Developer specialized in designing and developing Data Warehouse solutions. The future colleague would have to become quickly autonomous and cover by himself / herself the technical project developments related to Production Costs / HR & KM / Procurement reporting solution: technologies involving Snowflake, TERADATA and MicroStrategy. He/she will work also with our business contacts, technical representatives of our external partners and the support team.
What you’ll do
· Understand and work with multiple data sources to create a unified solution that implements the client’s business rules and supports their analytical needs
· Design, develop and maintain ETL jobs and related data warehouse models/objects/systems.
· Test the solutions implemented and analyzing potential data quality issues to determine the root cause.
· Perform database tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of the databases
· Have good understanding of user requirements and functional specifications
· Ensure that formal documentation is produced for all development projects
· With the assistance of a Senior Developer, when needed, design and execute the assigned developments
What you’ll bring as experience
· Previous experience working with Database Engines & ETL Tools is welcomed: database engines (Snowflake, TERADATA, SQL Server or Oracle); ETL tools: SSIS, Informatica PowerCenter, IBM DataStage, AbInitio or other major ETL tools
· Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
Nice to have
· Agile methodology knowledge is an asset.
· Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects XI, Cognos, Tableau
What You'll Bring As a Colleague
· Analytical skills and being accountable for his/her actions
· Strong capacity to communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people
· A passion for being involved with/ use new technologies and standards to change
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
· Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
· IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
· Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’ steam members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.