Ubisoft’s 19 000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft Milan is looking for a Generalist Programmer to be involved in the production of a prestigious triple-A title.
The Generalist Programmer will join the Tech Programming team and will closely collaborate with Gameplay Programmers to execute, under supervision, several programming tasks, such as supporting the development and implementation of the engine and pipeline features assigned by the Lead.
· Participate in the architecture, design and implementation of the game code.
· Analyze the existing functionalities and determine if they fit to the needs.
· Propose improvements to the needs, by designing and implementing new systems.
· Develop generic systems which will support the specialized programs' functionalities (AI, 3D, etc.) and facilitate their integration in the engine.
· Determine and fix the bugs identified by other production and quality control teams.
· Choose the appropriate data structures and algorithms for the task at hand.
· Test work after each stage to ensure stability with the rest of the connected features.
· Demonstrate understanding of the basics of load and game feature testing and write test code.
· Document implemented features.
· Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks.
· Ensure that code changes are fully tested (multi-player, all platforms, all game modes and middleware, where applicable).
· Strong knowledge of C++ programming language.
· Good 3D math skills.
· Experience in coding (GPU, CPU) in a multiplatform context.
· Understanding of programming algorithms and multithreading on CPU.
· Experience on existing game engine such as Unreal, Unity3D, etc…
· You are passionate about video gaming.
In order to consider your application, please send us your resume.
The position is based in Milan (Italy) and requires working onsite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.