Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a Gameplay C++ Programmer to join our talented Snowdrop team developing an unannounced AAA game.
Reporting to the Lead Gameplay Programmer, you will work closely with engineers and Game Designers to participate in the development of systems related to 3Cs, game logic and mechanics as well as AI.
Eager to learn, you dig into the code base and engage communication with users and teammates to build a strong and broad understanding of the technology. You are in direct contact with end-users (game designers, technical level designer, animators…) and bridge the gap between them and the technical solution. You anticipate technical issues the team may face, design and implement solutions to address them and meet feature expectations.
· Player centric, creative and proactive, you participate in designing content prototypes in collaboration with the Design team.
· You’re the interface between teams (game designers, level designers, UI, animators ...) to ensure that technical constraints and opportunities are properly considered in the production process.
· You participate in the architecture, design and implementation of the gameplay code following the Game Design intentions.
· You use your knowledge of existing technology with an innovative approach that allows you to achieve the best gameplay quality.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Several relevant years of experience in C++ programming in the game industry or software development, and at least one AAA game released.
· You are passionate about the video game industry, its technical aspects and high standards.
· Proactive, autonomous, fast learner, team player with good interpersonal skills.
· Experience of AI technologies used in games like behavior trees, path finding…
· Experience with client/server code architecture, multithreaded development.
· Experience on existing game engines such as Unreal, Unity3D, etc…
· Good working knowledge in spoken and written English.
Are you known for your team spirit, your technical creativity and your talent as a programmer? Do you have a strong sense of communication and ability to popularize technical information? You are the candidate we are looking for!
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
· Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
· Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
· Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
· Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.