Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, Gameplay Programmers!
On being a GPP at Ubi Montreal
When you’re a Gameplay Programmer at Ubi Montreal, you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the interactive systems that make the game.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will the player enjoy this? Does it feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of a cohesive gameplay team composed of AI, UI and 3Cs specialists, you will bring to life the vision of the game and mission designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
The daily life of a GPP at Ubi Montreal:
· Code new and existing systems to meet the intent of the game’s design.
· Keep them coherent with existing code.
· Develop gameplay tools for large content teams.
· Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements.
· Collaborate with designers and animators on environments.
· Resolve gameplay bugs.
· Document your work.
What it takes to make it:
· Experience in C++, C#, and optimizing code
· Experience in gameplay, AI, and design (main character, cameras, NPCs, environment, behaviours)
· A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
· Experience as part of a team that has shipped a video game is an asset
· Experience with Unity game engine is an asset
· Experience developing on video-game consoles
· Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game
· You are creative and thirsty for innovation
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.