As a Gameplay programmer, your role is to develop the features, mechanics and building blocks that create the game experience.For that, you will work closely with the other job families to define the design of various features and handle their implementation, ensuring believability, good game feel, and player comfort.
You will deal with code in various fields of game programming, using the low level frameworks of the UI, audio, FX, engine, network subsystems to build your complete gameplay feature.
· Works directly with game designers, prototypes, and researches to make sure that various features are completely and realistically designed;
· Is in charge of assessing the technical feasibility of new features and the impact they bring on other modules and systems;
· Implements features focusing on the quality of interaction between the player and the game;
· Interacts with the multiple job families responsible to create assets for the game (game design, level design, art, FX, sound);
· Touches multiple programming fields – UI, audio, AI, network synchronization, engine - to obtain fully implemented features.
· Advanced knowledge of C++;
· Ability to work with a large amount of code inside a large team;
· Good software architecture skills are highly appreciated;
· Good game design abilities are also useful for a gameplay programmer;
· Knowledge of current games and the ability to reverse engineer features and mechanics;
· Understanding of other game development areas – UI, network, audio, animation etc.
· Good English communication skills.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
· Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
· Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
· Relaxation room;
· Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
· Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
· Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
· Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
· 7card offers.
Ubisoft Craiova has been an important component in strengthening the foundation of one of the first gaming companies ever established in Romania. The studio has had experience in the development of video games since 2008 and now works on the production and testing of some of the biggest AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon. The studio is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching player lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will get the opportunity to grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.