About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 600+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
What you will do:
· Work closely with the game designers and understand their Gameplay/AI needs, and assess the technical feasibility;
· Design and implement features, modifications, improvements and optimizations to existing code base, in a clear and structured way;
· Provide workload estimates to leads, and follow up on progress on a regular basis;
· Actively participate in discussions about development progress with the other team members (AI, Animation, Game Design, etc…);
· Investigate and fix Gameplay/AI bugs;
· Document features and systems and share knowledge with the rest of the teams;
What you should be equipped with:
· Strong C++ skills with relevant experience of game development programming;
· Good knowledge of standard Gameplay/AI algorithms and 3D game concepts (rendering, 3D math, 3C, pathfinding, animation, sensory, behaviors);
· Good knowledge of network and TCP/UDP/HTTP/HTTPS protocols;
· Strong analytical and synthesis skills; Strong ability in problem solving and adapt to change;
· Results-driven with a strong attention to detail; Pro-active communication skills
· Good English communication both written and oral
· Experience with at least one shipped title, preferably an FPS or third-person game;
· Computer science, mathematics or related degree;
· Experience with at least one shipped online game;
· Programming experience with Python;
What you will also get:
· An international working environment
· FUN Culture
· Lots of love from your colleagues!
Best way to apply:
· Due to visa issues, this position is only open to graduates with Chinese nationality currently .