About Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Snowdrop and Ubisoft Connect.
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
As part of Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, you will play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand in hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
What You'll do
As our new Gameplay programmer you will be focused on AI and NPC behavior.
As a part of our gameplay team, you will be implementing gameplay features and functionality for the Avatar Project on PC and Console in C++ using an in-house 3D Engine.
Your will write high performing, robust code, extend and improve NPC behaviors and modify and maintain existing systems all in collaborating with other team members.
· Design, implement, test and maintain the simulation and behavior of NPCs in collaboration with other programmers and designers for a AAA game on PC & console
· Analyze and understand game design to define required features and game systems to be developed
· Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and are coherent with existing code and architecture
· Collaboration with teams to create the best possible player experience.
· Implement and optimize systems in C++ with designers
· Make use of iterative prototyping to demonstrate the validity of gameplay features
· Plan your schedule effectively using SCRUM/AGILE methodology
· Participate in code reviews throughout development to ensure that code meets the standards
What you bring
Our new team member would have a high degree of self-motivation and initiative. You'll be able to communicate well and have a keen eye for NPC Behavour.
As a passionate and valued gameplay programmer on the team you will be positive and forward thinking and be able to anticipate the needs of your project.
· Master or Bachelor’s in computer science or engineering (or equivalent experience)
· Strong programming skills in C++
· Applied knowledge of AI, NPC behaviors and gameplay system
· Proficient in refactoring and optimizing existing systems
· Good debugging and problem-solving skills
· Understanding of multi-threaded principles
· Ability to work efficiently with a large, existing code base
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
· Comfortable planning tasks and dependencies
What we Bring
We offer a highly motivating opportunity for team players interested in showing personal initiate in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader please apply via our career portal.
· Relocation and Visa Support
· 26 days paid vacation per year . Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
· Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
· Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
· German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
· Company Pension Scheme
· Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
· Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
· Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
· Monthly Mobility Budget . 80€
· All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For further information please check: