CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones ! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II , with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla .
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
As a Gameplay Programmer you will ensure the playability of the game (the link between the player’s actions, character’s behaviours, and the consequences on the evolution of the game).
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Analyze and understand the game design documents in order to define the required functionalities and the game systems that must be developed in the engine;
· Analyse existing functionalities in the engine and determine if they meet project requirements. If necessary, define how to adapt them in order to better meet game requirements;
· Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems or modifying existing systems;
· Collaborate with game designers/level designers/animators so as to discuss the constraints and establish the technical possibilities of the various gameplay functions;
· Determine the conditions that will lead to actions based on commands;
· Implement and optimize the controls and interaction systems so that gameplay is fluid;
· Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems fulfill the intentions of the project and are coherent with the existing code;
· Ensure that the implementation of the controls and game systems provide the player with the experience that the design and/creative director had envisioned;
· Work with people from other crafts in developing the tools required to efficiently make the necessary gameplay adjustments;
· Seek out and correct the gameplay bugs identified by the production and quality control teams.
WHAT YOU BRING
· Intermediaries experience working in game development (current and next-gen consoles);
· Strong working knowledge of C++ programming;
· Detail-oriented, with an analytical mindset;
· Ability to understand and take into account user needs;
· Resourceful and strong problem-solving skills;
· Have good interpersonal and communication skill.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.