Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
When you’re a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft Saguenay , you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the interactive systems that make the game.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will the player enjoy this? Does it feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of a cohesive gameplay team composed of AI, UI and 3Cs specialists, you will bring to life the vision of the game and mission designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
The daily life of a GPP at Ubisoft Saguenay:
· Code new and existing systems to meet the intent of the game’s design;
· Keep them coherent with existing code;
· Develop gameplay tools for large content teams;
· Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements;
· Collaborate with designers and animators on environments;
· Resolve gameplay bugs;
· Document your work.
What it takes to make it:
· An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
· 3 years of experience in C++ and optimizing code;
· Experience in gameplay, AI, and design (main character, cameras, NPCs, environment, behaviours);
· Experience as part of a team that has shipped a video game is an asset;
· Experience developing on video-game consoles;
· Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
· You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
Working at UbiSag means:
· An exciting adventure!
· Amazing colleagues and ambitious projects!
· An environment that provides a terrific quality of life!
· A human-sized studio: You'll have a direct impact on our projects.
We also offer:
· A unique space that fosters creativity
· A rooftop terrace overlooking the Saguenay River
· A balance between urban life and nature
· Unlimited fruit
· Cheese every Tuesday
· Many opportunities for celebration
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.