Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Having ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is seeking for a talented Gameplay Programmer (mobile) with experience and expertise in mobile and online domain. The main responsibilities of the Gameplay Programmer would be to make various modules for the game, architect new features with programming and production team.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Create various gaming components for mobile games that can support multi-million user base.
· Write clean, robust, reusable code.
· Debug, optimize and maintain existing code.
· Understand the game design and create technical designs based on them.
· Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards.
· Work closely with other team members on programming issue and concepts.
· Should have worked on multiple games and experienced full lifecycle project delivery including one mobile game.
· Solid experience developing mobile applications for iOS or Android
· Proven experience in working on an online game that has more than 1 million user base.
· Possess excellent programming skills in Unity3D development using C#.
· Should be very keen to keep the game under the memory requirement and to maintain 60fps.
· Should have very thorough understanding of design patterns like Entity - Component model / MVC pattern.
· Basic Understanding of the Graphics Pipeline, Shaders, 3D Maths.
· Have clear understanding of various protocols like HTTP and knowledge in various backend technologies like PHP, Java is a plus.
· Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Objective-C) would be preferred.
· Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams.
· A passion for creating or playing games and team player.
· Minimum 3 years of professional experience of programming games.
· A Bachelor’s degree preferably in technology would be preferred or any other training/equivalent.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.